Summer recreation and event updates
Summer in Minnetonka means a lot to us, and we know it does to you, too. Normally, it’s a wonderful time for us to come together as a city and have some fun.
This year, however, to ensure the health and safety of our community, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel several of our signature events, as well as a number of recreation programs. Full refunds will be issued to anyone who has already registered.
Thank you for your understanding and for all you’re doing to keep yourselves and your neighbors healthy.
For questions regarding the following information, please contact our recreation services department at 952-939-8203.
- Shady Oak Beach closed for the season: June 5 – Aug. 23
- Theater in the Park: June 18-19
- Summer Fest: June 27
- Music in the Park series
Still On/Staying Open
- Minnetonka Farmers Market: Tuesdays, June 9 – Sept. 29.
- Guidelines to be announced soon.
- Gray’s Bay Marina: Opening mid-May
- Picnic shelters: Opening late-May
- Movies in the Park season: Aug. 28; Sept. 3 & 11
All programming set to start in May or June has either been canceled or postponed.* Our recreation staff will be reaching out to individual registrants with more information.
*Updates on adult kickball, softball and soccer leagues will be announced soon.
- Preschool/beginner ice skating lessons are canceled. All other skating lessons are delayed until the week of July 13.
- Pine Tar Baseball Camp: Delayed until the week of July 13
- Senior Softball League: Delayed until further notice
- Senior Bike Club: Delayed until further notice
All city facilities remain closed until further notice.
Stay tuned to minnetonkamn.gov/coronavirus for the latest updates on the city's response to COVID-19.