Minnetonka declares temporary curfew May 30-June 1
Due to continued unrest in the Twin Cities, the City of Minnetonka is taking extreme precaution to ensure the safety of the city, its residents and businesses. A citywide curfew will be enforced at the following times:
- Saturday, May 30 at 8 p.m. through Sunday, May 31 at 6 a.m.
- Sunday, May 31 at 8 p.m. through Monday, June 1 at 6 a.m.
The curfew applies to everyone except:
- Law enforcement, fire, medical and military personnel
- Members of the media
- Individuals traveling to or from work
- Anyone seeking emergency medical treatment or fleeing dangerous circumstances
Minnetonka Police are continuously monitoring the situation and are in close communication with other local and state law enforcement agencies to assess potential threats as events evolve throughout the area. Although there were no incidents to report in Minnetonka last night, extra police will again be on patrol throughout the weekend.