Minnetonka extends temporary curfew through June 3
The City of Minnetonka has extended its curfew with modified hours to align with Minneapolis and St. Paul and some neighboring cities. The citywide curfew will be enforced at the following times:
- Monday, June 1 at 10 p.m. through Tuesday, June 2 at 4 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 2 at 10 p.m. through Wednesday, June 3 at 4 a.m.
The curfew applies to everyone except:
- Law enforcement, fire, medical and military personnel
- Members of the media
- Individuals traveling to or from work
- Anyone seeking emergency medical treatment or fleeing dangerous circumstances
The council adopted an emergency ordinance at a meeting Monday afternoon that establishes the curfew until the council rescinds the ordinance. This gives the city flexibility to extend the curfew beyond June 3 if needed.
Public safety update
Minnetonka Police are in close communication with other local and state law enforcement agencies to assess potential threats as events evolve throughout the area. Extra police will remain on patrol throughout the week. Please call 911 to report any illegal activity.
Over the weekend, Minnetonka Police reported no destruction or injuries in our community.
Thank you for adhering to the curfew, which helped keep our community safe.