Community development oversees planning and zoning, economic development and business, licenses, housing, the city’s health department, nuisance complaints, inspections and building permits.
The department also reviews proposed projects and ensures construction work and licensed business activities meet or exceed basic standards.
- General: 952-939-8200
- Planning: 952-939-8290
- Inspections and Permits: 952-939-8394
Director, assistants, licenses
- Julie Wischnack, Community Development Director, AICP, 952-939-8297
- Fiona Golden, Community Development Coordinator (licenses contact), 952-939-8274
- Karen Telega, Community Development Assistant, 952-939-8297
Planning and Zoning
- 952-939-8290, email@example.com
- Loren Gordon, City Planner, AICP, 952-939-8296
- Susan Thomas, Assistant City Planner, 952-939-8292
- Ashley Cauley, Senior Planner, 952-939-8298
- Drew Ingvalson, Planner, 952-939-8293
Economic development and housing
- Alisha Gray, Economic Development and Housing Manager, EDFP, 952-939-8285
- Rob Hanson, Economic Development Coordinator, EDFP, 952-939-8234
- Michael Greene, Senior Environmental Health Specialist, 952-939-8280
- Lisa Gyswyt, Environmental Health Specialist, 952-939-8279
- Nichelle Manchester, Environmental Health Specialist (part-time), 952-939-8382
Inspections and permits
- 952-939-8394, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dale Gronberg, Building Official, 952-939-8275
- Kevin McDermott, Building Inspector, 952-939-8286
- Dan Menth, Building Inspector, 952-939-8344
- Mike Denny, Mechanical Inspector, 952-939-8284
- Arlen Madsen, Plumbing / Mechanical Inspector, 952-939-8273
- Chris Weaver, Building / Mechanical Inspector, 952-939-8235
- Todd Triethart, Plumbing Inspector, 952-939-8278
- Keith Bobrowske, Electrical Inspector, 952-939-8277
The economic development division oversees all business activity in the city, and is eager to assist businesses of all sizes or stages. Minnetonka is a thriving community, home to a mix of global, big and small business, and we’d love to help your business of any size start, grow and thrive.
Learn more about business in Minnetonka including available financing and resources and much more.
Whether you’re looking for a home to buy, a place to rent, senior housing options, ways to improve your home or fair housing information, we have resources available to help. Learn more about housing in Minnetonka.
The city conducts plan reviews and field inspections to ensure all construction is up to code. Generally, the city performs building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing inspections.
Learn more about inspections, or call 952-939-8394 to schedule an inspection. Please have your permit number available.
The planning division is responsible for:
- Review and management of new developments, subdivisions and redevelopment.
- The city’s comprehensive (long-term) plan
- Administration of the city’s zoning and subdivision ordinances
- Land-use recommendations to the planning commission and city council, and acting as planning commission staff liaisons.
Each project page includes details, contact information and ways to stay informed.
Public nuisances include garbage containers, overgrown grass and brush piles, abandoned vehicles, homes in disrepair, excessive litter, noise and more.