The City of Minnetonka administers Minnesota state construction-related codes, which provide minimum standards to protect life, property and ensure public well-being in the following areas:
- Building (residential and commercial)
- 2015 Minnesota Residential Code (based on 2012 International Residential Code [IRC] with Minnesota amendments): Applies to single and two-family dwellings, townhouses, and accessory structures
- 2015 Minnesota Building Code (based on 2012 International Building Code [IBC] with Minnesota amendments)
Where can I find the building codes?
- The 2012 IRC and IBC cannot be accessed online. Your local library may have a copy.
- View the 2015 Minnesota Building Code online
- 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Additional Minnesota statutes and rules apply
Where can I find the electrical code?
- The 2017 National Electrical Code cannot be accessed online. Your local library may have a copy.
- View information about the Minnesota Electrical Act and Rules
- 2015 Minnesota Mechanical and Fuel Gas Code (based on 2012 International Mechanical Code with Minnesota amendments)
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
Where can I find the mechanical codes?
- The 2012 IMC and IFGC cannot be accessed online. Your local library may have a copy.
- View the 2015 Minnesota Mechanical and Fuel Gas Code.
- 2015 Minnesota Energy Code (based on the 2012 International Energy Conservation Code [IECC] or ASHREA 90.1 – 2010)