City offices are currently closed due to coronavirus, but planning and zoning staff are available via email to answer questions and provide updates on pending applications.
The City of Minnetonka’s planning division is responsible for:
- Review and management of new developments, subdivisions and redevelopment.
- The city’s comprehensive (long-term) plan that guides land use, transportation, parks and open space, housing, sanitary sewer, water and economic development.
- Administration of the city’s zoning and subdivision ordinances, which govern how property can be used and divided.
- Recommendations to the planning commission and city council on all land-use issues.
- Acting as staff liaison to the planning commission, preparing their reports and minutes.
Call 952-939-8290 or email us to ask questions or learn more.