As required by law, Minnetonka is updating its comprehensive guide plan. The 2040 update will be prepared in accordance with the Metropolitan Council's Land Planning Act and the Metropolitan Development Guide and plans.
During the preparation of the plan, broad community input was sought prior to review and adoption by the city’s planning commission and city council in 2018.
2040 Comprehensive Guide Plan draft chapters
- Table of Contents - Draft
- Housing Chapter - Draft
- Land Use Chapter - Draft
- Parks and Trails Chapter - Draft
- Transportation - Draft
- Water Resources and Wastewater - Draft
- Resiliency Chapter - Draft
- Economic Competitiveness Chapter - Draft
- Implementation Chapter - Draft
In 2017, the Minnetonka City Council appointed 15 residents to a steering committee to assist and guide the preparation of the 2040 plan.
The committee held public meetings on a regular schedule as-needed. View the 2040 Comprehensive Guide Plan Steering Committee meeting agendas and minutes.
An informational session for property owners with land use changes from 2030 to 2040 plan was held on Nov. 13, 2018. City staff answered questions and provided information.
The city solicited feedback and engaged with the community in the following ways in October 2018:
Rise and Shine Coffee: October 12 - 26
Start your day with a cup of coffee and chat with city officials about the future of Minnetonka. The first 20 people will receive a complimentary cup of coffee.
- Friday, Oct. 12 | 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Caribou Coffee | 14444 Excelsior Blvd.
- Wednesday, Oct. 24 | 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Caribou Coffee | 3434 County Road 101
- Friday, Oct. 26 | 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Dunn Bros. Coffee | 14525 Hwy 7
On-the-Go Input: October 9 – 23
Stop by one of these events at your convenience to discuss the city and its future.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 | 5 – 8 p.m. | Minnetonka City and Fire Department Open House | Minnetonka Community Center | 14600 Minnetonka Blvd.
- Monday, Oct. 15 | 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. | Ridgedale Center Rotunda | 12401 Wayzata Blvd.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Minnetonka Community Center | 14600 Minnetonka Blvd.
Comp Plan Book Club
(via Minnetonka Matters)
Each week, we’ll post a section of the plan for you to read and provide feedback on our online forum, Minnetonka Matters.
Learn more about the comprehensive guide plan through regular spotlight stories in the Minnetonka Memo newsletter.
For more information or questions about the 2040 Comprehensive Plan update, please contact the planning division at 952-939-8290.