The Minnetonka Fire Department is an active and committed team whose members share a common desire to serve.
Currently, the Minnetonka Fire Department has 91 firefighters, which includes 11 full-time and 80 paid-on-call firefighters. Of these, 55 are certified as emergency medical technicians and are able to provide medical care prior to the arrival of, or in conjunction with, paramedics and police department personnel.
14550 Minnetonka Blvd.
Minnetonka, MN 55345
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Minnetonka Fire Department has temporarily relocated to Fire Stations 2, 3, 4 and 5 while Fire Station 1 is under construction.
Staff members are available by appointment Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Call 952-939-8598.
Call 911 outside regular business hours.
- John Vance, Fire Chief, 952-939-8333
- Kevin Fox, Deputy Chief, Operations, 952-939-8339
- Jim Flanders, Assistant Chief, Emergency Management, 952-939-8334
- Luke Berscheit, Assistant Chief; Fire Marshal, 952-939-8332
- Pam Rapp, Administrative Assistant, 952-939-8330
- Shawn Johnson, Fire Inspector, 952-939-8335
- Sara Ahlquist, Public Education Specialist, 952-939-8331
- Jim Lundeen, Public Education Specialist, 952-939-8331
- Mark Hillstrom, Battalion Chief - Training Division, 952-939-8345
- Zack Rolighed, Training Captain, 952-939-8348
Minnetonka has a paid-on-call department augmented by a duty crew that staffs the Central Station (near City Hall) 24 hours a day. This not only allows for quick initial response to mitigate emergencies, but also provides part-time personnel the opportunity to better schedule their time to dedicate to fire department activities.
The remaining four stations within the city are not staffed and rely on call back paging of on-call personnel.
When the need arises, such as a structure fire or other major emergency, all five stations are paged out to respond.