The city’s Water Resources Management Plan – approved by the city council on Aug. 3, 2009 – protects, preserves and utilizes Minnetonka’s natural surface and ground water systems.
It is developed based on the city’s goals for all of the city’s water resources, and suggests capital improvements to achieve these goals.
The plan is an excellent resource for residents and developers.
Water Resource Management Plan
- Appendix A: Design Guidelines and Standards
- Appendix B: City of Minnetonka SWPPP
- Appendix C: City of Minnetonka Nondegradation Report
- Appendix D: Source Water Assessment and Wellhead Protection Plan for Minnetonka
- Appendix E: City of Minnetonka Wetland Protection Ordinance
- Appendix F: City of Minnetonka Shoreland District Ordinance
- Appendix G: City of Minnetonka Floodplain District Ordinance
- Appendix H: City of Minnetonka Emergency Management Basic Plan – Public Version
- Appendix I: Hydrologic/Hydraulic Models
- Appendix J: City of Minnetonka Stormwater Funding Policies
- Appendix K: WMO Rules
- Appendix L: MCWD Loading Reduction Report
- Appendix M: Water Resource Related Agreements
Appendix A: Design Guidelines and Standards was prepared to assist developers, consultants and city staff with water resource project design and management. It outlines water resource-related ordinances, city design standards and required permits and approvals.
In addition, there is detailed information related to storm water volume credits and the design of various water quality treatment devices.
The city is in the process of updating its Water Resource Management Plan. The final draft is available below. The plan will be adopted as part of the city's comprehensive guide plan.
Sept. 2018 draft
A draft of 2018 updates was posted on Sept. 14, 2018 and is available below. Feedback was collected until Nov. 13, 2018.
Water resource links
- Minnehaha Creek Watershed District
- Riley-Purgatory-Bluff Creek Watershed District
- Bassett Creek Water Management Organization
- Nine Mile Creek Watershed District
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Minnesota Association of Watershed Districts
- Hennepin Conservation District
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources – Waters