Give More. Be More. Become a Minnetonka firefighter.
The Minnetonka Fire Department is seeking dedicated candidates willing to serve their community as paid-on-call firefighters.
- Fully-funded on-the-job training and educational opportunities
- Cutting-edge response technology and equipment
- Daily opportunities for creative problem solving and service
- Flexible schedule and unique retirement benefits
- New state-of-the-art fire station opening in 2020
- Camaraderie that extends far beyond the job
- 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid MN driver’s license
- Live within 15 minutes of a Minnetonka fire station
- Ability to carry out responsibilities and provide good communications in a calm, positive and professional manner under emergency conditions
- Successfully pass a thorough background check
- Successfully pass the Fire Department-sponsored pre-membership physical examination, psychological test, pulmonary function test and physical agility test
2020 Recruitment Timeline & Process
- Physical ability test
- Written test
- Panel interview
- Chief interview
- Contingent offers go out.
- Background checks
- Pre-employment physical and psychological assessments
- Uniform and gear fitting
- Formal offers go out.
- Orientation and human resources meetings
- EMT class starts
How to Apply