Dick Wilson was a long-time director of Hopkins-Minnetonka Recreation Services and was instrumental in bringing the two cities together to offer our joint recreation program.
The Richard Wilson Scholarship Fund provides financial aid to residents ages 18 and under participating in recreation-sponsored programs.
- Scholarship recipients receive $100 per person annually toward registration in our recreation programming.
- Funds expire one year from the date issued.
- Applicants must be 18 or under, a Minnetonka or Hopkins resident and meet household financial requirements.
- Scholarships may not be used for adult sports leagues, facility memberships, rentals, private lessons or Kids’ Corner.
- Scholarships are contingent upon the scholarship fund balance.
- Download the Scholarship Application for complete details. For questions or more information, contact Recreation Services at 952-939-8203.
If you’d like to contribute to the Richard Wilson Scholarship Fund and support our youngest residents, there are several ways to donate:
- Call: 952-939-8203
- Mail or In-Person: City of Minnetonka Recreation Services, 14600 Minnetonka Blvd., Minnetonka, MN 55345