In 2019, the City of Minnetonka joined Xcel Energy’s Partners in Energy program in an effort to assess citywide energy use and develop an Energy Action Plan.
There is no cost to the city to participate in the program.
The completed Energy Action Plan will:
- Summarize existing energy consumption in Minnetonka
- Identify energy reduction goals
- Outline strategies to meet those goals
It will take approximately six months to develop the plan, followed by implementation and evaluation.
Three groups will work together to create and implement the plan.
- A 16-member group made up of residents, businesses, students, non-profits and community groups will serve on an “Energy Action Plan Team.”
- Xcel will provide a facilitation team and additional resources.
- City staff will facilitate discussion, keep the community informed and implement the plan.
Energy Action Plan Team members
- Dan Duffy
- Brian Golob
- Loren Gordon*
- Matt Henry
- Drew Ingvalson
- Ben Jacobs
- Kathryn Linafelter Johnson
- Kevin Neuman
- Megan Park
- Thomas Scott
- Skyler S.^
- Gabi T.^
- Ryan Waldriff
- Julie Wischnack*
- Dennis Yockers
- Charlie Yunker
Energy Action Plan Team meetings and materials will be posted below. These meetings are open to the public, but only team members are allowed to participate. The community can provide feedback on the plan when it’s presented to the city council.
Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019
Monday, Dec. 9, 2019
Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020
Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Subscribe to email and/or text updates to stay informed. Contact Drew Ingvalson at 952-939-8293 to learn more or ask questions.
Learn more about the program at xcelenergy.com/partnersinenergy.
Visit Sustainable Minnetonka to learn about the other ways Minnetonka is working to protect the environment.