Southwest Light Rail Transit
Light rail construction will impact the following roads in Minnetonka. Please follow signs and expect delays!
- Bren Road West will close for SWLRT construction and the Opus Bridges Improvements Project on March 30, 2020 through Fall 2020. View a detour map and more details.
- Smetana Road – There will be various road closures throughout 2020 on Smetana Road between Nolan Drive and Feltl Court. Look for posted detour signs.
- Highway 62 – Traffic lanes have been shifted to the south side to accommodate tunnel construction on the north side of the highway. This will be in place through 2020.
- Trunk Highway 62 – Construction of the light rail tunnel under Trunk Highway 62 will require periodic lane closures and traffic shifts.
- Yellow and Red Circle Drives – These roads have been reconfigured to allow for ongoing construction until Fall 2020. The city will also replace three bridges in this area in 2020, and seven more in the future.
- None in 2019
Hennepin County projects
- Bridge maintenance – During the week of Oct. 14, Hennepin County will perform routine bridge maintenance on the Baker Road (County Road 60) bridge over CP Railroad, just north of West 62nd Street (County Road 62). View this update to learn more on timing, access and impacts.