State law requires all Minnetonka residences to have regular garbage collection service. Minnetonka has an open system; residents contract directly with one of the city’s licensed companies.
Call 952-988-8400 to learn more or ask questions.
Contract with one of the following licensed companies for residential garbage collection in Minnetonka.
- Ark Disposal* | 763-898-5226 | two trucks
- Curbside Waste | 763-504-2872 | one truck
- Randy's Environmental Services* | 763-972-3335 | 31 trucks
- Republic Services (formerly Allied Waste) | 952-941-5174 | 17 trucks
- Suburban Waste Services | 952-937-8900 | 4 trucks
- Waste Management | 952-890-1100 | 14 trucks
Please note: Not all haulers service all parts of the city.
* These companies offer organics collection; contact them for details.
All garbage and recycling containers must be stored out of public view except on the evening before and day of collection.
If not stored inside a garage, residents must install screening to hide the entire garbage container from view.
To report a violation, use our online request system or call 952-939-8200.
Garbage collectors must offer at least three levels of service based on volume. These levels are usually called:
- One-, two- or three-can service
- Or 30-, 45-60- or 95-gallon wheeled carts
Garbage collectors are required to provide separate curbside collection of yard waste during the growing season, which includes leaves, branches, grass clippings, plants and weeds.
Collectors may charge extra for yard waste collection. The rates vary by company, as does the available service options. Contact your collector for details.
Minnetonka also operates a leaves, brush and yard waste drop-off program for residents.
Businesses and residents may also drop-off recyclables at the recycling drop-off center. The center now accepts organics recycling.
There are several options available to dispose of building and construction materials for a fee. Options include:
- Your garbage collector (contact them for details)
- Construction and roll-off dumpster rentals from private companies
- Private demolition and construction landfills
- Drop-off materials at Waste Management’s Maple Grove Transfer Station
- Contact Midwest Asphalt (952-937-8033) for concrete or asphalt disposal