Did you know?
- All intersections are crosswalks, whether they’re marked or not.
- Pedestrians have the right of way once they step from the curb.
- A majority of pedestrian-vehicle accidents occur at intersections on low-speed roadways.
Pedestrian safety tips
- Clearly show your intention to cross.
- Make yourself visible to drivers.
- Cross at marked crosswalks and intersections; do not cross mid-block.
Driver safety tips
- Stop for crossing pedestrians at every intersection, even those without crosswalks, stop lights or stop signs.
- Do not pass a vehicle stopped for a pedestrian.
- Proceed once pedestrians have completely crossed your vehicle’s lane.
Additional information and resources